A man is the faculty of reporting, and the universe is the possibility of being reported - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life I Desire

I acknowledge that I have begun to procrastinate here. My last post was on May 29.

Last week, I attended TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) program "Start Small - Finish Big" focused on startup compines. It was very inspiring to meet many successful entrepreneurs and how these thirtysomethings are going about playing the game of life. I was particularly impressed by presentations given by Ashish Kashyap (CEO, iBibo), Rakesh Sharma (HP), Dhruv Shringi, (Yatra.com) and Sudhir Sethi (IDG Ventures). They went for what they saw so vividly in their mind. Their life choices have been driven by the urgent and not the important. All of them are essentially in the same business–– the business of creating value for others. These successful people just seem to know that at some point, one must begin and then simply keep on moving towards goal by acknowledging progress on a regular basis. Even though they too experienced resistance and fear but they did it anyway.

On the same line, Liz mentioned yesterday that all the successful entrepreneurs have one thing in common - They are very close to their families, it is the most important for them apart from their business.

Ok. I am not comparing with all the successful people but I alway knew I could do it better. I stopped myself, doubted myself, or believed I don't have enough money, time etc.
I admit that what and how I did things in the past didn’t really work; however I am on edge of my comfort zone. I am willing to move forward despite whatever fear and doubt shows up. For me, the road ahead is shorter than the road I have traveled. My time is more precious and I know - There is only the choice and the journey.

I am getting into the inquiry and question mode right now:

  • What do I always do?
  • What is my passion? (And I just found this new definition of passion - This passion is the permanent, lifetime love of something.)
  • What really matters to me?
  • What is next for me?
  • What are the things I do really really really really well...?
  • What are the things I want to give up?
  • Never mind what I have done or others have done: What is possible?
  • Am I ready to take a leap of faith without any safety net?
  • If I was starting from scratch today, what would I do differently?
  • Am I ready to make my future bigger than my past?
  • How far can I go?

Am I not yet ready to begin to do, be and have the life I desire???

2 comments:

रंजन (Ranjan) said...

sahhab aap to pure "Darshnik" ho gaye...

but these are really very important questions.. one should ask themselves frequeltly..

great going.. i hope you will keep this mometum ...send me a mail whenever you post newthings....

Unknown said...

@Ranjan: You can updates of new posts through Atom feeds. Subscribe: http://ramesharma.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

-Amit