A man is the faculty of reporting, and the universe is the possibility of being reported - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Crisis...

Thanks Phil and Robert! I will review the tools suggested by you.

Global economic slowdown is dominating the media headlines. Amidst all the negative news, expert commentaries and interpretations, I found this interesting article from Fareed Zakaria where he talks about the importance of basics & discipline:

The Crisis's Silver Lining

Some optimistic thoughts How to Use Economic Downturn to Your Advantage

Another interesting initiative was taken by The AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) through a campaign for Financial Literacy:

Feed the Pig

What does this mean for India? Experts are saying that India will feel the heat but not be consumed by the fire. I am not a finance expert but I can see that it is not looking nice. New uncertainties have set in the minds of people. I think, there is a learning for all of us. Indians had started spending lustily without much worry about the future and focus on the self development.
What is the right way to think - spend less than you earn OR earn more than you spend? I like this mantra - EARN YOUR BREAD BEFORE YOU EAT IT. In my view, there is no need to put limit on future and the wealth building plans. We need to focus on fundamentals, self development and creativity to invent new ways of bringing abundance in life and society.

World is going to change and I believe there are bigger opportunities after every big crisis.

No comments: